Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Telogen Effluvium, Hair Shedding, Cte, Or Te - often Asked Questions (Faq) - Part Two

!±8± Telogen Effluvium, Hair Shedding, Cte, Or Te - often Asked Questions (Faq) - Part Two

This is part two of my Te / Cte Faq article. The first narrative answered what I believe are the five most commonly asked questions. To later read the first narrative (which covered shedding causes, scalp tingling / pain, length of Te and a white bulb on the hair shaft,) you can click on my author link at the top of this article.

I need to disclose again that I am not a doctor, but a woman with broad personal experience with Cte and Te. Of policy you should address any questions with your doctor. I am just sharing my own experiences and I hope they help.

1. How Can I Treat Or Stop My Telogen Effluvium or Cte? Because most experts will tell you that Te and Cte will end on its own, there's no definite rehabilitation typically given for it. In my experience though, there are things you can do to retain your rescue and the regrowth of the shed hair. The most prominent aspect of Te rescue is to not prolong it by obsessing or becoming severely disturbed or depressed by the shedding. I know from experience this is easier said than done. However, I firmly believe that excess stress raises cortisol which can contribute to longer shedding. Try your best to trust that your body can heal quickly. Secondly, you can encourage regrowth by using anti-inflammatory shampoos and topicals and by using emu oil on your scalp in areas where it hurts. It's prominent to still shampoo ordinarily to remove any clogging sebum from your scalp. Third, if you know of any medical issue that caused your shedding (crash dieting, hypothyroidism) fix the question as this will likely help the hair loss.

2. What Can I Do To Decrease The number Of Hairs That Are Falling Out? While you don't have control over the fact that you are shedding, you can avoid things that may cause added hair loss by treating your hair gently. Although it's very tempting to put shedding hair in a ponytail so it doesn't bother you, if your hair is too short to wear in a very lose ponytail, reconsider. If you are pulling on your hair in any way, it could fall out. You still need to brush shedding hair, but you can do it very gently. When I shed very badly, I used to put my shampoo in a squirt bottle so that I could get shampoo over my entire head without having to overly manipulate my hair. I know that sounds silly now, but in those days, rescue even a handful of hairs was prominent to me.

3. What Type Of physician Should I See To rate My Shedding And Hair Loss? Give the shedding a opportunity to stop, but it depends upon which physician you have the best relationship with. A dermatologist is ordinarily the first stop, but if the shedding has lasted a while, you will probably want to get blood work to flag any thyroid, adrenal, cortisol, iron / ferritin, autoimmune or Dhea issues, to name a few. Sometimes a dermatologist will ask your quarterly physician to order all of this blood work. An endocrinologist can help if you know of or fancy thyroid or adrenal issues. Since you may be asking a lot of questions of any physician with whom you consult, chose whoever you have a good relationship with.

4. How Do I Know If My Te Is Ending Or If I Am In Recovery?: In my personal experience, shedding ends gradually rather than all at once. You might consideration that wee by little, you aren't noticing as much hair. You may also consideration regrowth starting to pop up. I used to think that my regrowth would look like a crew cut growing within my quarterly hair. For the most part, it doesn't. The best way to see regrowth is to spray dry shampoo at the roots of your dry hair. The dry shampoo will be white and you'll be able to see tiny bits of regrowth standing at attention at your roots. This can be very reassuring.

5. How Do I Know That I Don't Have Aga Or Patterned Baldness: As you probably know, there are commonly three more coarse types of women's hair loss: shedding, autoimmune hair loss, and genetic patterned hair loss (this used to be called male patterned baldness but now that more women have it, it's called Aga or androgenic alopecia.) Other than the round patchy loss of autoimmune hair loss, Aga and Te can look alike at first. And, Te can unfortunately kick off patterned loss. The only way to no ifs ands or buts know the distinction is to keep an eye on any patterns that found over some months. This is easier said than done because Te or Cte can also thin out the areas that are ordinarily the sparsest parts of your hair like the bangs, temples and crown. These are unfortunately the same parts that thin with Aga. However, with shedding these areas will grow back normally, but with Aga, the hair will at last grow back sparse and/ or minturized (thinner, weaker hairs).

I hope this has helped some. The very best guidance I have is to try to trust that your body will recover, pamper yourself as much as you can and although you should educate yourself and retain your regrowth, don't allow yourself to come to be so upset that your stress prolongs the hair loss. Know that you do have some control in supporting wholesome regrowth, but accept that finally the end of Te is sometimes just a matter of playing the waiting game, an end to which will at last come.


Telogen Effluvium, Hair Shedding, Cte, Or Te - often Asked Questions (Faq) - Part Two

Comparison Rowenta Irons Parts

No comments:

Post a Comment